The most difficult part of exercising is getting started. But note, the medical community’s general consensus confirms that 20 minutes of moderate exercise every other day results in lasting benefits.
Did you know that when you reach for your best – physically or otherwise – you make two commitments simultaneously?
- To exercise on an unwavering, methodical schedule you can live with and,
- To complete the above responsibly and safely
Treadmills have legions of fans across the globe. If there were a ‘Hall of Fame’ for exercise equipment, the treadmill would most certainly be a founding member. They are efficiently aerobic. Running on a treadmill typically burns calories faster than other forms of at-home exercise.
Here a few of the many advantages for choosing to buy a treadmill from your fitness partners at Total Fitness Equipment.
- Total Control – A treadmill gives complete control to any exerciser. Adjustments can be made to the warm-up period, incline, speed, cool down period, and energy spend
- Ease of Use – A treadmill is relatively simple to use
- Safety First – The surface of a treadmill is more forgiving than concrete and its consistent surface is excellent for beginners or injured walkers.
- Customizable – There are custom built-in programs of any length
- Multi-purpose – Some treadmills have special features such as step-counters or heart-rate monitors so your level of fitness is tracked.
In general, walking on a treadmill with no incline, might possibly burn fewer calories than outdoors since, the reality is, the treadmill’s motor does some of your forward propelling motion. Don’t be disillusioned though because its solution is simple:
- Increase the treadmill’s incline by one percent, or
- Focus on pushing off with your back foot to increase energy output
It is unwise to hang on the treadmill’s handrail when exercising on a treadmill because it reduces the calories burned and, quite possibly, impairs your posture.
The commitment to healthy living by walking routinely reduces the risk of:
- Type-2 diabetes
- Insomnia, and
- Certain types of cancer
Long-term regular exercises slows the loss of muscle and mitigates age-associated increases of body fat. Exercise also helps maintain the body’s response time, as well as its ability to efficiently use oxygen.
Remember, the hardest part of exercising is starting!
The Treadmill Take-Away
Treadmills create countless cardiovascular workouts, which improves heart health. As the heart grows stronger, your blood pressure is lowered organically. In the relentless fast-paced society of the 21st century, walking gets your blood flowing, which results in a well-needed reduction to the amount of stress placed upon your heart. Contact us today!